Palliative Care for Caregivers
No more 2021 trainings for Palliative Care for Caregivers.
Future dates to be advised.
If you would like to register your interest for future courses, please email the Learning and Development Team - Learning@hwa.org.nz
Further develop the end of life care skills for all care assistants and support workers in residential and community settings. This programme explores a core range of skills and topics in a supported and friendly learning environment. The one day programme is an interactive workshop. Participants will acquire a solid understanding of their role in end of life care.
- 5 October (Postponed, further dates to be advised)
- Learn to identify key concepts in end of life care
- Gain comprehensive knowledge of the role of the Health Care Assistant in providing end of life care
- Further develop your end of life care management skills
- Feel confident to talk with residents/clients and their family/ whanau
- Understand your feelings around the loss of a resident or client
- Key concepts in end of life care
- The role of the Health Care Assistant in providing end of life care
- End of life care management skills; mouth care, skin care, last days of life and other aspects
Cost: $90 (plus GST)
Venue: Living & Learning Centre, 206 Swanson Road, Henderson
Presented by: Members of the Hospice West Auckland Team
For Who? All healthcare assistants and caregivers
Certification: Certificates issued for attendance